Re: Gnome 3.21: how to define compose key?

On Tue 13 Sep 2016 at 19:46:03 (-0400), Doug wrote:
> On 09/13/2016 04:40 PM, David Wright wrote:

> >>Don't know what you are not seeing. Here's what I wrote—and what I do see—
> >>
> >>one-half, one-third,  three-eighths, copyright symbol, degree sign
> >>after 75, Greek letter mu meaning micro before F (for Farads), cent
> >>sign after17.
> >Oh good, someone who uses these! Can you help me with how you use the
> >last of these characters:
> >
> >⅓ ⅔ ⅕ ⅖ ⅗ ⅘ ⅙ ⅚ ⅛ ⅜ ⅝ ⅞ ⅟
> >
> >It doesn't say it's a combining character and I can't find any
> >denominators anyway to go with it.
> >
> >(For those people using fonts having qualities other than a wide
> >repertoire, they're the thirds, fifths, sixths and eighths followed
> >by a solitary 1/ numerator.)

Thank you to Siard; I grepped "denom" and not "subscript".

> Dav[id], I'm not sure, but I don't think you can write a number greater than 8
> in this system.  I just tried to create one-ninth, but was unsuccessful.
> Perhaps someone smarter than me has an answer.

Not smarter; there's a list somewhere. Extracted:

2150    VULGAR FRACTION ONE SEVENTH
        # <fraction> 0031 2044 0037
2151    VULGAR FRACTION ONE NINTH
        # <fraction> 0031 2044 0039
2152    VULGAR FRACTION ONE TENTH
        # <fraction> 0031 2044 0031 0030
2153    VULGAR FRACTION ONE THIRD
        # <fraction> 0031 2044 0033

then as quoted above, and, knocking around:

2189    VULGAR FRACTION ZERO THIRDS
        * used in baseball scoring, from ARIB STD B24
        # <fraction> 0030 2044 0033

Cheers,
David.