Re: Chromium jumps to any workspace it likes.......

Charlie writes:
> I'm unsure when this was so programmed. In the old times one could
> mouse drag open packages into any desktop. There were no hard no go
> fences between them.

It was configured that way by whoever created the FVWM config file you
are using.  When I started using FVWM there were neither panes nor
desktops. I don't remember when they came in, but I think that the
virtual display was first.  There are zillions of example configurations
out there and some sort of default config is included in the Debian
package.  You can easily add more panes to your desktops and change the
number of desktops by editing .fvwm/config.  FVWM is almost infinitely
configurable.  My config is a horrifically encrusted thing that has been
evolving for twenty years.  I really should just re-write it.  It's
uglier than my .emacs.
--
John Hasler
jhasler@newsguy.com