Re: How to create package without source code

Have you tried xenity yet?

On Wed, 27 Jul 2016, Hans wrote:

Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2016 03:39:04
From: Hans <hans.ullrich@loop.de>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: How to create package without source code

Hi folks,

I want to create a debian package with my own additions (added an icon and a
button for the kde-menu, changed groups and user rights).

But there is a problem:

The file is just a script. I read in the dokus, and all told, they want to
compile somehow.

I imagine, to pack all the files with the correct user rights into a folder,
then pack it into maybe *.tgz and then change it somehow into a *.deb.

Maybe there is a more simple way und you might want to point me to it.

Remember, it is just a shell script, where I added some things and set user
rights.

Thanks for any hints.

Best

Hans