Re: How to create package without source code

On 2016-07-27 11:29 +0200, Hans wrote:

> Hi Sven,
>
> great, your foo-file helped me a lot, the package is almost finished.
> I can build it now. YES!
>
> However, the installed package is still root:root, but should be root:dig.
> I suppose, this can be preset? Or do I have to edit the packages manually
> after the build?

This is a bit tricky, since the dig group is not necessarily present on
either the build or target system.  One possibility is to chgrp the
file(s) in the postinst script after creating the group.  You also want
to use dpkg-statoverride for these files then, so that upgrading the
package does not temporarily change their ownership back to root:root.

Cheers,
       Sven