Re: USB printer CUPS stalls on "Sending data to printer"

On Wednesday 22 June 2016 06:20:32 Bob Bernstein wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Jun 2016, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> > <[🔎] 201606210831.24319.lisi.reisz@gmail.com>
>
> Need a bit of help here. What am I supposed to do with this line
> of um text?
>
> If there is an elegant method that will use it as a starting
> point such that I end up looking at the email to which you are
> referring us, I am unaware of it.
>
> Is this perhaps a suggested search token for looking at
> debian-user archives?
>
> You know me Lisi, I get so confused so easily....

It was meant  to be a hyperlink to my post in the archives, taken from the
header to my post.  I was clearly too tired and should just have quoted - it
would have been easier for me and less confusing for the list!!

Here is the actual message:
On Tuesday 21 June 2016 03:51:23 Emanuel Berg wrote:
> Emanuel Berg <embe8573@student.uu.se> writes:
> > File "/usr/lib/cups/filter/rastertospl" not
> > available: No such file or directory
>
> I found rastertospl it in the ULD archive, the
> i386 directory.
>
> Now when I do print it first says "... is now
> printing ...", then
>
>     printer laser is idle.  enabled since Tue 21 Jun 2016 04:44:59 CEST
>     Rendering completed
>
> But still nothing is printed.

I find that going into printer maintenance, deleting all jobs for that
printer, pausing the printer, then starting it again, solves this particular
problem.  But I do it at the web interface.

Lisi
And here is his reply:
[snip repeat of above]
'cancel -a' deletes all jobs so if I could just
pause and start it...
As I said, there is clearly a problem between Emanuel and the web interface.

Lisi