Re: Mailing-list configuration

On Monday 13 June 2016 11:28:00 Cindy-Sue Causey wrote:

> On 6/13/16, Nicolas George <george@nsup.org> wrote:
> > Le sextidi 26 prairial, an CCXXIV, Tanstaafl a écrit :
> >> This is why Reply-To-List is the way to reply when engaged in a
> >> mailing list.
> >>
> >> If your client doesn't have this, then maybe it is time to consider
> >> changing.
> >
> > I am not sure what you are aiming at. If "Reply-To-List" is supposed
> > to be a
> > message header, as the typography, then you can observe that it is
> > not present in most of the mails on this mailing-list.
> >
> > If you are referring to a MUA command, then first let me remind you
> > that MUA
> > commands are not standardized
>
> Am coming into this whole conversation from the backend side (last in,
> first out :) ). This, a standardized reply-to-list feature, sounds
> like a great advocacy point to be followed up on....
>
> Perhaps within each of the more prominent "MUA" developer forums, at
> least?
>
> It's a great +1 selling point for email [clients/packages] that wish
> to expand their user base, at least or perhaps more especially, among
> the more technically savvy.
>
> Just thinking out loud... :)
>
> Cindy :)

And I am not sure that this tempest in a teapot is all about, the older
kmail that I use and the older TBird that I have unwillingly used way
back up the logbook now, both have a reply-to-list button.  This is a
list and I use that button to start a reply.

So what is/was the actual perceived problem that started this bandwitch
waster?

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)