Re: Improper visuals after update

Hello,

i had the same issue :)

the issue seems to be with gtk-3 based apps. The widgets dont have any decoration, like input fields have no visible borders, check boxes no borders.. menu controls have only their text / titles drawn without any space and border in between their characters... I tried to post a mail here but after a few days i understood that this list silently drops mails with attachments...
Examples of apps affected i used were Evolution (completely unusable with this behavior) and Synaptic (i switched to aptitude for package management).

i recovered the screenshots from the sent folder and put them onto imagebin:
https://imagebin.ca/v/2jsCHryiFpi8
https://imagebin.ca/v/2jsEiMInvzRD
https://imagebin.ca/v/2jsEw627EVgh

I purged my home directory completely to get rid of all . directories with eventually wrong config files, created a new user account to check as well.

What finally solved the issue was the dist-upgrade from testing to unstable. Now the problem is gone.

hope that helps..

Joysn

On 30 May 2016 at 19:37, Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
On Monday 30 May 2016 18:05:51 Bhasker C V wrote:
> anyone ?

I, for one, can't make any sense of the visual you supplied and the message,
so I just gave up.  Perhaps start again with explaining the problem?

Lisi