Re: buntu kybosh (was: How to properly install...)

On Wednesday 01 June 2016 00:15:20 Felix Miata wrote:
> Lisi Reisz composed on 2016-05-31 18:06 (UTC+0100):
> > ...I have just kyboshed the computer I have attached
> > to the television by trying Ubuntu MATE 16.04 as a dual boot.  I am
> > mentally working out the best way at least to make it take a very back
> > seat, before I wipe the lot in frustration.  And Debian Jessie was just
> > working nicely.
>
> Just what constituted the kyboshing? Neither boots?

The word was a little stronger than is totally justified.  This is attached to
a television.  I want to just turn it on.  Ubuntu boots but is unusable, so I
have to hover over it, grab GRUB and get into Debian, because Ubuntu has
kyboshed (=destroyed) Debian's GRUB (of course!!).

Since seeing the screen is difficult, and I watch television only when I am
tired, this is tedious in the extreme, and it was working beautifully, all
but Channel 4 replays, before I gave Ubuntu a chance.  I thought that dual
booting couldn't do any harm.  I had forgotten Ubuntu's ability to do harm
when in my hands.  What was that Stephen said about guns and feet. ;-)

Lisi