Re: How to properly install Radeon drivers for Sid

On Mon, May 30, 2016 at 8:23 AM, Mostafa Shahverdy <mostafa@mostafa.info> wrote:
Hi everyone.

I have an ultra wide monitor that supports 2560x1080.
While I have a Radeon 5450 graphic card, running Debian Sid, I only can get 1920x1080.
I installed firmware-linux-nonfree to get it running. So why isn't my complete resolution listed?
Also I experience some glitches while watching videos.

Have you tried the open drivers with arandr yet?

At this point, most software runs more reliably and more smoothly on the open drivers and newer Steam titles might actually expect the open drivers.  The only thing I've found that performs worse is Second Life, but to be fair, you pretty much have to have a cartoonist's workstation from Disney Animation to get flawless performance out of that virtual reality system anyway, so getting ~6-12 FPS out of a mid-low-end two year old laptop is doing decent as far as I'm concerned...