Re: How to properly install Radeon drivers for Sid

On Tuesday 31 May 2016 17:44:48 Mostafa Shahverdy wrote:

> > > I always keep my OS up to date, that's why I use Sid, I always want the
> > > latest updates :)
> >
> > Why??
>
> Updates are not that bad ;) I keep me desktop up to date. I want
> stability for my servers though.

I am always baffled by form over functionality - even on my desktop!  I like
things working if they can.  Having said which, if I gave an experimental
machine on the go ....  And I have just kyboshed the computer I have attached
to the television by trying Ubuntu MATE 16.04 as a dual boot.  I am mentally
working out the best way at least to make it take a very back seat, before I
wipe the lot in frustration.  And Debian Jessie was just working nicely.

A liking for Sid I can in general understand - though I would use an old
kernel and have my video working ;-) - but I can't get my head round Ubuntu.
I keep trying. :-(

Lisi