Re: Re: [deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk: Re: Network manager (again) Re:]

Thanks for your comments I also use apt* commands, when necessary, but the point is that people don't seem to read thoroughly the threads they are answering to: I don't mind using wicd, I even tried it. But it also uses /etc/network/interfaces, and my questioning is about initramfs, ifaces drivers, /proc/net/dev, and $networking in insserv (not $network). And I would be very grateful to anyone who could answer to those questions (named-bind9, wifi access-point) not to the first answers. Thank you in advance, and again, sorry for my poor english (kspell still tells me to write *English* instead and nobody told me why, and this proves nobody looks at the first post in a thread :-D)

Cheers

Jacques