Re: [deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk: Re: Network manager (again) Re:]

On Saturday 28 May 2016 01:28:03 Rodary Jacques wrote:
> Thanks for your comments I also use apt* commands, when necessary, but
> the point is that people don't seem to read thoroughly the threads they are
> answering to: I don't mind using wicd, I even tried it. But it also uses
> /etc/network/interfaces, and my questioning is about initramfs, ifaces
> drivers, /proc/net/dev, and $networking in insserv (not $network). And I
> would be very grateful to anyone who could answer to those questions
> (named-bind9, wifi access-point) not to the first answers. Thank you in
> advance, and again, sorry for my poor english (kspell still tells me to
> write *English* instead and nobody told me why, and this proves nobody
> looks at the first post in a thread :-D)
> 	Cheers
> 		Jacques

Ask your questions clearly and separately and you might get answers.  And you
could try answering the questions people have asked you.

In addition, people can be answering each other, not just you.  You don't own
the thread, you just started it, and you and others have broken it regularly
so that it is actually impossible to look at the first post.  I tried
yesterday.  I even had a look at Google's "conversations" to try and trace
this thread back.  I failed.

So: state your questions clearly and separately (typed separately, with nice
clear spaces between, and stated separately) - and please, no jokes.  They
don't survive the translation.

Lisi