Re: Need Urgently solution or advice - start to give up on Debian

On Sat 21 May 2016 at 01:44:02 +0800, Bret Busby wrote:

> On 19/05/2016, deloptes <deloptes@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > And he'll have the problem on each distro with this computer.
>
> I do not understand - the original poster does not clarify - what was
> the problem with Ubuntu.

His issue with Ubuntu is completely irrelevant. He did not make a big
thing about it, so neither need you.

> I make this point because, as some of you may recall, I have an Acer
> V3-772G, with an NVidia GPU, for which, as I found, the only operating
> system other than MS Windows, that had a driver, was Ubuntu Linux.

I do not recall any of this. Is it relevant to the OP's issue?

> If the original poster does not like the interface, that can be
> changed; I did not like the default Ubuntu Linux interface, so I
> installed UbuntuMATE, with the MATE interface, to provide an interface
> with which I was more comfortable.

This doesn't look relevant to anything.

> Simply stating that a person is "disappointed" with a particular
> operating system, is as helpful as complaining that the person has a
> problem, without stating what it is.

It's an expression of feelings; human beings tend to do things like
that.

> The original poster needs to provide clarification - is the screen the
> wrong colour, or the default font, too small, or the taskbar in the
> wrong place, or the name "Ubuntu", to weird for the original poster,
> that the original poster has as a reason for being "disappointed" with
> Ubuntu?

The OP is beginning to wish he had not mentioned Ubuntu.