Network manager (again)

Hi

  I am finding it difficult to settle on a good network manager which
can work for my case

1. My home dir is luks/ext4 and mounted manually after logging in for
the first time
2. My GUI is started after mounting my home dir and by manual startx only

I could never get my network manager to store passwords in the user dir.
I do not like the passwords stored in
/etc/NeworkManager/sytem-connections with plain passwords visible so
anybody can open them if they have physical access to the machine/disk
(usb live stick etc., )

If I pull up the properties of nm-applet and change the option to
"Store password only for this user", nm-applet does not connect since
the keyring is no automatically unlocked due to startx

Can anyone help me with fixing this network-manager so the passwords are
stored per-user in my luks home rather than /etc/...  OR tell me how to
enable nm-applet to automatically trigger opening gnome-keyring ?

--
Bhasker C V
Secure Mails: