update-rc.d creates unexpected sequence numbers

Hi!

/etc/init.d/my-program is correctly prepared with LSB header comments
like this:

#!/bin/sh
### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides:             my-program
# Required-Start:       $postgresql
# Required-Stop:        $postgresql
# Default-Start:        2 3 4 5
# Default-Stop: 0 1 6
# Short-Description: My program.
### END INIT INFO

Both of these two commands

update-rc.d my-program defaults 20 80
update-rc.d my-program defaults start 20 2 3 4 5 . stop 80 0 1 6 .

yield the same incorrect sequence numbers in contrast to the results
demonstrated here:

https://debian-administration.org/article/28/Making_scripts_run_at_boot_time_with_Debian

cd /etc
ls rc5.d rc6.d

rc5.d:
README
S01motd
S01my-program
S01rsyslog
S02cron
S02dbus
S02ntp
S02postgresql
S02rsync
S02ssh
S02xfs
S03avahi-daemon
S03xdm
S04bootlogs
S04saned
S05minissdpd
S05rc.local
S05rmnologin

rc6.d:
K01minissdpd
K01saned
K01urandom
K01xdm
K02avahi-daemon
K02my-program
K02postgresql
K03sendsigs
K04rsyslog
K05hwclock.sh
K05umountnfs.sh
K06rpcbind
K07networking
K08umountfs
K09umountroot
K10reboot
README

I thought the linked files were S20my-program and K80my-program. Why
update-rc.d gives unexpected results? What is the procedure to get the
correct results?

Besides, why none of the sequence numbers with K is 100 minus the number
of the start link "S" according to the recommendations from "man
update-rc.d"?

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Access all of your messages and folders
                          wherever you are