Re: How to find reason for sporadic chime from computer?

Find computer's hardware manual and see if chiming is something your hardware will do no matter which operating system is in use to warn about impending undesireable hardware events. You may find a table with the different chime codes and may then find out why this now happens and what to do about it.

On Tue, 10 May 2016, Kynn Jones wrote:

Date: Tue, 10 May 2016 09:45:52
From: Kynn Jones <kynnjo@gmail.com>
To: Debian User <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Subject: How to find reason for sporadic chime from computer?

Suddenly, my computer has started emitting a chime sound at random
times.  (Roughly every 30 minutes or so, but with high variance.)  I
have found nothing else that correlates with this chiming.  In
particular, nothing changes on the screen (i.e., no pop-ups, dialogs,
etc. show up).

I normally disable all beeps and sound notifications on my system, so
I find this behavior pretty disconcerting.

How can I troubleshoot this?

TIA!

kj