Re: libpepflashplayer.so

Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Monday 09 May 2016 02:01:28 Sven Hartge wrote:

>> Beware: this is David who has this CPU, not Lisi, wo has not yet
>> provided any further info in her CPU.

> I have not yet gained access to the computer again, which is not mine.  I have
> confirmed (just now) that it is a Dell Inspiron 9300
> http://www.cnet.com/uk/products/dell-inspiron-9300/specs/
> which had an Intel Pentium M Processor 750, which was 32 bit.
> http://ark.intel.com/products/27593/Intel-Pentium-M-Processor-750-2M-Cache-1_86-GHz-533-MHz-FSB

If this is the case, then you are out of luck.

Concerning Flash you have then only one option left:

Flash 11.2 with Firefox, which is still supported on 32bit and Linux by
Adobe.

Unfortunately some sites want a newer Flash and won't work with that
old version. You cannot use those sites then with Firefox.

Newer and supported Flash versions for Chromium are only available for
64bit which you can't use because of the ancient CPU in that laptop.

The last 32bit version of Pepper Flash was in Chrome 48, which was
version 20.0.0.306-r2.

Chrome 50 contains Flash 21.0.0.216, so it is already a major version of
bug and security fixes ahead.

And those Flash updates are usually security flaws, most times already
being exploited in the wild.

I personally would rather live without Flash than use an old version
because of the security problems it has caused in the past.

Grüße,
Sven.

--
Sigmentation fault. Core dumped.