Debian package: Quilt | git | add files to package

hi,

I trying to create a own Debian package which mostly worked without Git. Now I moved the sources (only files) to a Git repo and using git-buildpackage. That was working too, until I wanted to add a file (example Apache config). Now it fails ... and I don't get it. I red, that a Git commit (the new file for example) has to be added via a (quilt) patch, so I created one:

$ quilt new apache2.conf
$ quilt add apache2.conf
$ quilt edit apache2.conf
<some apache alias lines ...>
$ quilt refresh
<diff was created debian/patches/apache.conf>
$ quilt header --dep3 -e
$ quilt push
<.. apache.conf was successful created>
$ quilt pop -a
<all patches reverted>
git add debian/patches/apache.conf
git commit -m "Added apache example config" debian/patches/apache.conf debian/patches/series

In the Makefile (also a quilt patch), I tried to copy the created apache.conf file to /usr/share/doc/<something>/apache.conf.example

The problem is, that the apache.conf would be created _after_ my cp command from the Makefile .. so I changed the order that apache.conf patch comes first. But that doesn't fix the problem. " cp: cannot stat ‘apache.conf’: No such file or directory'.

So, maybe I'm completely wrong. How should I add new files to use with Git / quilt and get it working with:

$ git-buildpackage --git-tag -uc -us --git-ignore-new --git-ignore-branch --git-tag --git-cleaner='git clean -dfx'

any suggestions are welcome :-)

cu denny