Re: Migrating Windows on a physical server to KVM with Debian Jessie

Hi, Thiago.

On 04/05/16 18:58, Daniel Bareiro wrote:

>> I only tested Windows 2008 R2 and Windows 2012 R2, both works fine...
>> Boot Windows ISO as primary CD, and virtio-win.iso as secondary CD, all
>> good...

> According to what I was looking at some videos, just when starting the
> Windows installation CD, would I have to choose a "custom installation"
> option for loading drivers from a CD, right?
>
> I've seen it in a video where they use Windows 7, but maybe for other
> versions of Windows I would have to follow the same procedure.

I downloaded the ISO image that you had mentioned. I mounted the ISO
image and was reviewing its content. The drivers for HDD and NIC devices
are found on the 'viostor' and 'NetKVM' directories?

Although the directory structure of the ISO in this [1] video is
different, it seems that the Windows installer displays only INF files.
In our ISO I see we have other files (cat, pdb and sys files). I guess
these INF files will refer to other files, right?

Kind regards,
Daniel

[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thVmhIw4-jU