Re: Migrating Windows on a physical server to KVM with Debian Jessie

Hi, Martinx

On 03/05/16 18:17, Martinx - ジェームズ wrote:

> I would recommend for you to reinstall the same Windows version on top
> of KVM, using VirtIO drivers for both HDD and NIC devices, then,
> reinstall the applications and copy the data to the new Windows...
>
> To install Windows on top of VirtIO, you'll need to boot Windows ISO,
> plus a second virtual CD-Drive, with the VirtIO drivers on it, then,
> during Windows install, when asked, point to the second CD...

Thanks for the recommendation.

A long time ago that I don't read about VirtIO drivers for Windows. The
last time I did, they were experimental.

I just do a little research and found this page [1] of the KVM project.
Do you mean to one of the ISOS published here [1]?

These ISOs have drivers for any version of Windows and any architecture
(32 and 64 bit)?

Thanks again for your time.

Kind regards,
Daniel