Re: Installing jessie on laptop from usb live iso

On Thursday 05 May 2016 08:19:58 Ralph Sanchez wrote:
> After rereading the last response i got, i see why their issue is similar,
> but the solution cant be used here because even if i had wheezy installed
> before, im past the point where the hdd gets overwritten with random data.

This is a fat lot of help now, but this is the sort of thing why I don't
install from the Live CD.

I would try to use a net-install USB (WITH all the firmware) if you have
access to the internet.  You can install on a pre-prepared HDD. If getting a
suitable USB is a problem, and you have the time to wait for the snail-mail,
I would happily send you one.

I did once recently, when I had to abort an installation, get nowhere until I
had wiped (no, that is not a technical term, partitioned and formatted the
drive again from and independent source (I used Gparted from a Knoppix Live
CD).

Lisi