Re: [OT]: May Day

On 03.05.2016 01:50, Michael Lange wrote:
On Mon, 02 May 2016 14:52:26 -0500
John Hasler <jhasler@newsguy.com> wrote:

Michael Lange writes:
I would by the way strongly request to dismiss the use of the word
"parasite" when speaking about human beings, since - speaking frankly
- this sounds a lot like nazi-speech
So does any classification of people into "them" and "us".
To some extent, but I feel classifying people into "us humans" and "them
animals" is even a lot worse.

Regards

Michael

No one wants war.
		-- Kirk, "Errand of Mercy", stardate 3201.7

.

You're right. I've already sent to Pablo Escobar and to local criminal lords my letters with apologies. Explaining that since using «bad words» is being a nazi, we shouldn't call them criminals and parasites anymore. Now they should be named «socially handicapable alternative entrepreneurs». Someone of them has sent me back a sample sachet with a diacetylmorphine, and now I've got to go. Gonna to be busy for a while.

Michael, let's call Voldemort — Voldemort and do not profane serious things with silly word playing games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuEQixrBKCc

For your information:

/American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition/
parasite —
a. One who habitually takes advantage of the generosity of others without making any useful return.
b. One who lives off and flatters the rich; a sycophant.

/Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition/
parasite —
2. a person who habitually lives at the expense of others; sponger
3. (formerly) a sycophant

/Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary/
parasite —
2. a person who receives support or advantage from another without giving any useful or proper return, as one who lives on the hospitality of others. 3. (esp. in ancient Greece) a person receiving free meals in return for amusing conversation or flattery.

The meaning «An organism that lives and feeds on or in an organism of a different species and causes harm to its host» in most dictionaries marked as special term of Biology. Which is probably derivative from traditional uses cited above (because biology is a relatively young science). And we even didn't discussed any biological subject to do such leaps in interpretations, we talked literally about those who «receives from others without giving any useful or proper return».

You may write to the language authorities and explain them your theory about Nazi-speech and how to use English properly.

Best regards,
Dmitry Piyavkin