Re: Zero filling my HDD before installation

On Mon, May 2, 2016 at 7:39 PM, Ralph Sanchez <rwsanchez3@gmail.com> wrote:
> I can't find a reply to list, I tried reply all, does that work?

It seems so, make sure you're replying to the list's address (here:
"debian-user@lists.debian.org"). It's usually not neccessary to reply
to all [1].  In this lists code of conduct [2] there's the rule, that
one should not send a CC to the original poster unless he requested
it.

> I currently use PGP for disk encryption, I haven't delved much into
> learning about LUKS, etc but I will now. I also don't use passphrases,
> I use a minisd card so keylogging software can't catch me entering my
> phrase.  Thanks for all the advice, I'm pretty sure I know what
> direction I'm heading at this point, and I'll continue researching
> these other encryption methods.

You could use a usb drive or a SD card with a keyfile on it with
dm-crypt/LUKS. Maybe you want to read [3] which is a quiet good howto
for dm-crypt.

Michael

[1] http://david.woodhou.se/reply-to-list.html
[3] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Dm-crypt