Re: all at a sudden Firefox

On 05/01/2016 01:07 PM, Juan R. de Silva wrote:
On Sun, 01 May 2016 09:13:30 +0000, Curt wrote:

I suppose you've tried the obvious (cough) like starting Firefox in safe
mode,
refreshing the sucker, renaming prefs.js, using a virgin profile and the
like (or have you already told us that upthread somewhere).
Yes, I tried all these.

And gals.
Certainly. Gals actually go first without saying.

Seriously. This one was quite an interesting remark. You see, these days,
here on Canadian West Coast, most of people, especially young people,
use "guys" for both guys and gals. And it always seemed to me that gals
were promoting this change more actively than guys. I actually personally
do not like the change much and it took me some time to get used to it.

And now, when I'd used it just without much thinking any more... Bingo...
You got me. :-)

It looks like people at your place still use two distinct terms. :-)
Where are you?

I was stationed in California in the late 50s and the usage was common there
way back then. I come from New York, and I was not used ot that, but I think it
is more commonly used even in New York.

--doug