Re: Posts don't show on list

On 04/30/2016 07:35 AM, Lisi Reisz wrote:
On Saturday 30 April 2016 15:13:06 Brian wrote:
On Fri 29 Apr 2016 at 17:17:11 -0700, Gary Roach wrote:
On 04/29/2016 03:45 PM, Stephen Allen wrote:
On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 03:20:14PM -0700, Gary Roach wrote:
address. But I don't think that aol or my mail client is the problem
here. I have mailing lists that are hosted by GoogleGroups and by
Sourceforge that work fine. Does any one know who hosts this list. It
doesn't have any info at the bottom of the page like the others do.
Does Debian have there own mail server?
Yes Debian runs their own email server. If you want to show someone an
image, don't attach it to an email here, but use pastebin. I know Debian
has their own (don't have the url handy right now) but put it there or
anywhere and post the url in the body of your email.
Thanks for the info. Presently, none of my posts show up in the thread
making it difficult, sometimes, to figure out what is going on. if now
one replies, I have no idea if the message got through (redundant
statement I know).
It needn't be the case, but it looks like gary719_list1@verizon.net is
subscribed to the list (garyroach@verizon.net is not a subscriber). Just
as a check: send a mail to

   majordomo@lists.debian.org

with

   which gary719_list1@verizon.net

in the *body* of the mail. Either the From: or Reply-To: must have
gary719_list1@verizon.net.

A blank Subject: is ok.

A reply will be sent back within seconds of the mail being sent. What
does it say?
I think you have nailed it, Brian.  When Gary sends from
garyroach@verizon.net, it doesn't make the list distribution.  When he posts
from gary719_list1@verizon.net, it does, as can be seen in
https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2016/04/author.html, all of the Gary
Roach emails on which come from gary719_list1@verizon.net

Very observant of you.  So Gary, all you have to do is either stop posting
from garyroach@verizon.net, or subscribe it.  Then you will get it sent out
to you.

Lisi

OK I've created a monster. Posting to the wrong address was a problem but I now have my mail client set up so that if I try to post with the wrong address it screams at me. This problem solved. My problems with returns started when I posted a problem with my kde desktop. The icons all turned into translucent squares for no apparent reason. Someone asked for a screen shot. I complied with a jpg attachment. I haven't received a return message since. I still have the icon problem and haven't a clue as to what is causing it. None of the log files show any abnormalities. I suppose I could put my self on cc. That would sort of fix the problem with a bandaid. As for as aol is concerned, I would like to get as far away from them as possible but will have to change my email addresses to do this. I am about to the point to go that route anyway.

Someone said that I need to use a pastebin for images. I've never used one before so another Fxxxxxx Learning Experience.

I haven't posted to the majordomo list as suggested earlier but will do so. I will post the results.

Gary R