Re: Multiple live iso's on a single bootable flash drive?

On Fri 29 Apr 2016 at 21:57:53 +0300, Piyavkin wrote:

> Though, I agree, parameters may vary. May be «fromiso» in the last example
> is a better choice indeed. I'd just experimented with related instructions
> until it started working for me and I'm done.

Look carefully. I didn't recommend 'fromiso'.

> > It is a source of contention (and a number of bug reports) but it is by
> design.
>
> Why such design?

Suppose you want to install Debian; that's the objective after all. An
isohybrid allows mounting the USB stick directly. You dd/cat/cp the
image to a USB stick and boot and there you are - Debian is installed.

What does loop-mounting of an ISO file with GRUB give you?