Re: Sometimes "time shift" after resuming from suspend

Am 25.04.2016 um 17:35 schrieb Michael Lange:
> Hi,
>
> here (Jessie with systemd) occasionally after the system is resumed from
> suspend mode the time is shifted forward by what appears to be exactly two
> hours. This does not occur always on resume, just sometimes, with no
> apparent reason. I have checked the syslog after this happened, but the
> only lines I found concerning the change of system time are these:
>
> Apr 25 02:19:45 localhost systemd[1383]: Time has been changed
> Apr 25 02:19:45 localhost systemd-sleep[2090]: System resumed.
>
> which are also there when the time was set correctly, so I guess they do
> not mean anything.
>
> Now I suspect that the two-hour shift is related to the hardware clock
> using local time instead of UTC (because of an existing WinXP Partition),

Fwiw, with recent Windows editions it should be ok to enable UTC. There
is a registry key which needs to be set.
Dunno though, if XP is recent enough.

> which is here CEST (UTC + 2hrs.).The timezone is set to Europe/Berlin
> in /etc/timezone, in /etc/adjtime the respective line is set to LOCAL,
> which I believe should be ok. I also doubt that a general faulty
> configuration is responsible for the problem, since it happens only
> sometimes, in most cases the system time is handled correctly.
>
> Anyway, I have no idea what might cause this strange behavior, a web
> search did not show up something helpful either.
> The command I use to suspend the system is usually
> "systemctl hybrid-sleep", I don't think this makes a difference to a
> "normal" suspend, though I am not 100% sure.
>
> Does anyone have an idea what might be the cause for this?

For how long did the system sleep when this log message occurs?
This probably just means, that your hwclock drifted enough so the clock
needed adjustment.

Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?