Re: TCP/IP over Bluetooth

On Saturday 23 April 2016 07:52:06 Curt wrote:

> On 2016-04-23, Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:
> > I was blocked, 5 times so far, at the front page of the current
> > issue.  I could poke around in the 4 sale areas, but could not
> > access any other content, such as that sublink without signing up.
>
> I was taken to the regular old front page too (probably because
> shawn's m-dot URL is optimized for smartphones and they sense I ain't
> no smartphone), but once at the front page I tacked on the
> '/article/10915' part and away I went.
>
> In other words,
>
> http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/10915
>
> works fine here.
>
> Other front page links (I tried two) work fine for me also.
>
> ICIWYMWV
??

I finally did get to the article, but had to clear it with privacy badger
and ghostery and no-script was already disabled. I have no clue what
their cookies send back, but I printed it so I don't have to go thru
that folderol again.  The sign up overlay never did fully render. But it
had a close button that worked.

At one point, Privacy Badger was reporting 9 trackers, and Ghostery was
blocking 24 data suckers. Noscript wasn't blocking anything as its been
disabled for weeks.

The data these sites collect and sell, gets me 100 new spams every day.
20 or 30 of for erectile disfunction cures that don't work.  I'm 81, and
been diabetic for 25 + years, I couldn't reset my since counter if it
was offered.  I don't have a place to put a hot tub, and my garage floor
is bare cement & gonna stay that way. I don't need a DUI attorney, or
the next great diabetes cure. Give me a break.

> Tallyho,
>
> Curt
>
> > Cheers, Gene Heskett

Cheers, Gene Heskett