Re: Posts don't show on list

Le quartidi 4 floréal, an CCXXIV, The Wanderer a écrit :
> This means that the mailing-list software _could_ technically work
> around this behavior by modifying the Message-ID of the received message
> before it sends that message out to list members.
>
> That strikes me as a dreadful idea from a design perspective, however,
> even just on basic principle....

Well, breaking things for everybody (including gmail users, since that would
separate the sent mail from the resulting thread) just in order to fix a
minor annoyance for some users. I think "dreadful" does not just cover it.

And it would probably not work anyways since gmail tries to be smarter than
using the message-id to identify mails and threads. As expected that results
in it being stupid.

And after all, gmail users, you just wrote the mail, why would you need it
to appear as new, except for checking it arrived?