Re: 0triple monitor / dual video card set up

On Fri, 15 Apr 2016 09:58:43 +0200,
gianluca <gianlucarenzi@eurek.it> wrote:

[...]

> I am running the same configuration as you, but only two monitors.
> One monitor is attached on the Radeon DVI output and the other on the
> DVI-1 NVidia 6600 board (on PowerPC Quad-G5). All cards are
> PCI-Express (16x and 8x slots).

I see you're using Xinerama.  IIUC, this is meant to have the desktop
stretched across all monitors.  I don't want that; I just need the other
monitors as places I can drag windows to/from to be able to have several
apps running and visible at all times.

> Please refer to your monitors' timings for adjust the timings and
> resolutions.

I don't understand why this would be needed at all, given that I can see
in /var/log/Xorg.0.log that everything about all monitors was accurately
identified.  Not sure what section would actually need specifying.

> Be aware of change the BusID value just to match your system.

> Rename it /etc/X11/xorg.conf and try to restart the login manager of
> your choice, i.e.:

> $ sudo service lightdm restart

> Good luck!

Thanks!