Re: 0triple monitor / dual video card set up

On 04/15/2016 04:34 PM, Seb wrote:
On Fri, 15 Apr 2016 09:58:43 +0200,
gianluca <gianlucarenzi@eurek.it> wrote:

[...]

I am running the same configuration as you, but only two monitors.
One monitor is attached on the Radeon DVI output and the other on the
DVI-1 NVidia 6600 board (on PowerPC Quad-G5). All cards are
PCI-Express (16x and 8x slots).

I see you're using Xinerama.  IIUC, this is meant to have the desktop
stretched across all monitors.  I don't want that; I just need the other
monitors as places I can drag windows to/from to be able to have several
apps running and visible at all times.

Please refer to your monitors' timings for adjust the timings and
resolutions.

I don't understand why this would be needed at all, given that I can see
in /var/log/Xorg.0.log that everything about all monitors was accurately
identified.  Not sure what section would actually need specifying.

Simply they are needed because of with Xinerama the Xrandr extensions are disabled. So I cannot be sure if the EDID data are read correctly.

Thanks!

--
Eurek s.r.l.                          |
Electronic Engineering                | http://www.eurek.it