Re: 0triple monitor / dual video card set up

On 04/14/2016 07:31 PM, Ric Moore wrote:
On 04/14/2016 08:31 AM, Seb wrote:
Hello,

I've recently moved onto a setup with:

* 3 monitors

   Resolutions:

   - 1920 x 1080 (2)
   - 1680 x 1050 (1)

* 2 videos cards

   - GeForce GT 720
   - RV730 Pro (Radeon HD 4650)

The two monitors with the same resolution are plugged into the GT 720
and the remaining is plugged into the HD 4650.

After a lot of effort I was able to get the monitor(s) from either card
to function properly with the attached /etc/X11/xorg.conf.  The
"Default" layout works well whether I use the Screen section from either
video card.  Unfortunately, it fails whenever I attempt to combine the
screens.  In the latter case, only the Screen section that is listed
first gets displayed properly, and the other shows a black screen(s)
with an X-shaped cursor whenever the cursor wonders into the area.

Any tips on what is going on?  Have others been successful in setting up
a config file for a multiple video card system requiring a mixture of
drivers like nouveau and radeon?

I am running the same configuration as you, but only two monitors.
One monitor is attached on the Radeon DVI output and the other on the DVI-1 NVidia 6600 board (on PowerPC Quad-G5). All cards are PCI-Express (16x and 8x slots).

Please refer to your monitors' timings for adjust the timings and resolutions.

Be aware of change the BusID value just to match your system.

Rename it /etc/X11/xorg.conf and try to restart the login manager of your choice, i.e.:

$ sudo service lightdm restart

Good luck!

Gianluca
--
Eurek s.r.l.                          |
Electronic Engineering                | http://www.eurek.it

Section "Module"
    Load "dri"
    Load "glx"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier  "Mouse0"
    Driver      "mouse"
    Option      "Protocol" "auto"
    Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
    Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 6 7"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier  "NVidia-6600"
    Driver      "nouveau"
#   Driver      "fbdev"
#   Option      "fbdev" "/dev/fb0"
#   Leave the BusID commented for nouveau otherwise it does not work
#   BusID       "PCI:10.0.0"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier  "ATI-RadeonHD4670"
    Driver      "radeon"
#   Driver      "fbdev"
#   Option      "fbdev" "/dev/fb1"
#   The BusID line must be enabled for Radeon driver, otherwise it does not
#   work on my machine... O__o
    BusID       "PCI:6:0:0"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"