Re: Choppy video on Youtube

On 04/07/2016 10:25 AM, Sven Arvidsson wrote:
If you do have hardware rendering: * What process uses the CPU? Firefox, Xorg or something else? * Does it happen with other browsers, like Chromium too?

Very interesting -- the problem does NOT occur on Chromium!  I have the latest Chromium ( Version 49.0.2623.108 Built on 8.3, running on Debian 8.4) and all videos I tried run perfectly...  I also notice that the browser performance overall is snappier than Firefox, so it looks like I'll stick with Chromium -- although as another poster suggested that moving from the 32 bit version of Jessie to 64 could make my video performance better (as well as a possible switch from Gnome 3 to LXDE or Xfce) I may decide to make these changes as well.

I didn't address your other questions, Sven, because this seems pretty conclusive -- but let me know if you're still curious about those things.  Thanks!

Harris