Best use of program 'debfoster' to back-up package lists and packages?

I am in the process of reinstalling Debian 8 after my desktop died,
and want to make sure I keep a list of packages installed.  Following
various debian threads I'm going to do this:

# dpkg --get-selections "*" > /backup/dpkg-get/selections
# apt-key exportall > /backup/repositories.keys

and after the new installation do this:

# apt-key add /backup/repositories.keys
# apt-get update
# dpkg --set-selections < $d/dpkg-get/selections
# apt-get dselect-upgrade

Questions:

1.  Any problems with the above procedures?

2.  I just now found out about program 'debfoster'.  How can I
integrate it into the back-up/restore process above?

Thanks.

Best regards,

-Tom