Re: Grossly OT - WW2 start

On Sun, 03 Apr 2016 20:47:30 +0200
deloptes <deloptes@gmail.com> wrote:

> Adam Wilson wrote:
>

> > I consider the second world war an extension of the first- there
> > really was only one "hot" World War, from the 1910s to the 1940s,
> > with two major outbreaks of violence as the old (European) imperial
> > order collapsed and the new (American) imperial order arose.
> >
> > The net result was that Europe was knocked off its throne and the US
> > ascended to Europe's former position in those turbulent 40 years or
> > so.
>
> Adam Wilson,
> I like you more and more.

I like you too- I am one of the few who will not dismiss your views are
"conspiracies" simply because they differ from those pushed as part of
Western mythology.

> Thanks for taking your time. I got tired
> after someone got rude, but I am glad I see someone who shares my
> opinion more or less. I must admit that you put forward my thoughts
> in much better English and order.
> Yes there is a big crises with those two wars and the reason was to
> reshape the world. In fact all starts somewhen in the 18th century,
> but the escalation was obvious in the 20th.
> However I'm sick of hearing here that the USA won somehow the WWII.

They won in the sense that they were on the winning side- but "won" as
in made the principal contribution simply isn't true. The USSR did that
through the sacrifice of 20 million Russians.

> They moved into Europe in 1944. Of course they helped, but as nowdays
> (and this was my point in the first mail) they supported both sides,
> knowing that this way they get weaker. Just as today they support
> ISIS and pretend to fight ISIS in the same time - hypocrisy pure.

One thing I always found incredibly bemusing was the fact that although
the US practically created modern Islamic fundamentalism (destroying
pan-Arabism and secular leftist nationalist alternatives in the process
and creating a power vacuum for the ascendancy of ISIS, Al-Qaeda, and
the Taleban), the US now preaches "war on terror" and continues to be
the world's number one source of terror on a monstrous scale.

The problem with Western mythology as we see it in the media is that it
completely ignores informed historical understanding. Our modern
history begins with 9/11- "angry peasants attacked us because they hate
our freedom- now let's go slaughter some of these backwards peasants
back!"- and completely ignores what preceded it.

From Israel, the perpetrator of the Palestinian Holocaust, to Vietnam,
where a greater tonnage of ordinance was dropped than the North alone
than all the bombs dropped in the second world war put together, the US
is the real terrorist, the scourge of the modern age.

> At least the Soviets did not pretend to be democracy.

Actually, they did. The official propaganda line of the the USSR's TASS
was that the USSR was a democratic state (a contradiction in terms if
there ever was one- there has never been a democratic state, since the
state in itself must have a source of authority remote from the people
to be a state).

Both the USA and the USSR claimed to be democracies- and neither were.