Re: Jessie unable to start lvm2 on boot (raspbian)

Elimar Riesebieter kirjoitti 27.3.2016 14:23:
* Jari Fredriksson <jarif@iki.fi> [2016-03-27 14:02 +0300]:

arian kirjoitti 17.3.2016 17:50:
>raspbian is not mainline debian. Maybe ask on raspbian support channels?
>
>>vgchange -a y
>>service lvm2 start
>>mount -a
>
>why the service lvm2 start? is lvm service disabled?
>
>please provide output of those commands.
>
>>Every time after a reboot the boot sequence aborts and sshd is not up
>>(maybe because the /home is an lvm2-partition...)
>
>sshd should not bother about /home not being available. default setups
>won't find users' authorized keys anymore obviously.

Output from those commands is expected: the services start.

They do not start on boot for *some reason I'm trying to figure out here in
this post*. The "fix" to make the services startable seems to be the
"vgchange -a". The boot process just cancels and no services will be up,
including the sshd...

But why is this like it is...

Workaround:
cat /etc/initramfs-tools/scripts/local-top/vgscan

#!/bin/sh
vgchange -ay

Thanks! I'll give that a shot.

--