Re: Changing Boot Order

On Sat, 26 Mar 2016 12:11:22 -0400
Alan McConnell <alan@his.com> wrote:
> I am taking up a lot of message time here.  But my question is a
> very simple one: can one, after booting, and as root, change the
> BIOS so that the machine will boot from a DVD if one is present,
> or from a USB thumb device, if one is plugged in?

If your system uses UEFI and has EFI boot manager entries for CD/DVD
and USB, then you can manipulate the order with efibootmgr. Use
'efibootmgr -n' to change the boot order for the next boot only. I'm not
sure how to create a new entry for a device like a USB stick, though.

Petter

--
"I'm ionized"
"Are you sure?"