Re: Iceweasel update error on Wheezy

On 16/03/2016 3:05 PM, Marc Shapiro wrote:
> What is the difference between firefox-esr and firefox-release?  I have
> been downloading the tar file from mozilla since this whole thing
> started.  How different is what Debian now has from the Mozilla tar
> file?  Will Debian keep up with the Mozilla releases, or will they
> remain behind until the next point release.  I am perfectly happy to
> continue downloading from Mozilla if that will keep me current, and
> Debian's repo will not.

ESR releases are more like "Debian Stable" .... I think it stands for
"Extended Support Release".  This is the sort thing that big business
might do and also what is used with Tails [The Amnesic Incognito Live
System].

Normal releases push things via updates to more people, the masses.

There are typically different release "schedule" types, anyway, that's
enough for now.

Cheers
A.