Re: Further to my installation error

On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 07:06:17PM +0000, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> I tried another two and the second one the error message changed to "Couldn't
> download package".
>
> Is there a problem on the Debian site?  Or with whatever mirror it is helping
> itself to??
>
> Lisi

What's the model of the new machine?

I'm not sure that there's a problem with all the Debian mirrors: retry the downloads - instead of using ftp.uk.debian.org change
it, perhaps to ftp.de.debian.org to check.

get.debian.org, grab a CD image - myself, I quite like the CD #1 which gives you KDE but each to her own.

Quicker, because smaller, is to download another netinstall.

All the very best, as ever,

AndyC