Re: Windows Shares Abound Continuously

On 29/02/2016 00:13, Steve Matzura wrote:
Martin:

On Sun, 28 Feb 2016 08:44:07 +0000, you wrote:

Ever since Windows 3.11 its networking has been just awful and prone to
malfunction without notice, they originally lifted the network stack from
FreeBSD but managed to completely screw it, and it is still awful now, both
in sharing and even trying to find shares.
You would probably be better off putting all that stuff on a samba share
on a nice Debian box, you would be much more likely to get a good nights
sleep.
I have a fine Synology NAS box where everything just works, so I think
that's what I'm going to do--move that content onto the NAS and be
done with it. Now I wish I had put bigger drives in that thing! LOL.
well bigger drives in due course Steve, looks like you are headed in the right direction :)
leave windows sharing and windows server to the committed masochists.

--
Martin