Re: Debian as My home firewall/router

On 02/28/2016 01:35 PM, Stuart Longland wrote:
On 28/02/16 18:10, David Christensen wrote:
1.  The pfSense installer wanted to use the whole disk.  The only way I
could get it to use only part of the disk was to create a slice for
pfSense and create another slice that ate up all remaining free space.
Then every time I booted, the boot loader (GRUB2, I believe) would show
both slices, even though I don't recall setting the boot bit on the
second slice.

Well, to be fair, pfSense is intended as a router, and it's very rare
for a router to dual-boot.  Normally it sits in the corner and does one
sole function which needs a single OS.

I like to take images of my system drives periodically and I have a bunch of 80 GB drives I use for things like pfSense. If pfSense only needs a few GB, then that's all I want to image and store.

David