Re: a server question?

Hi,
Let me speak to your fine questions below, the ones I can answer I mean.

On Thu, 25 Feb 2016, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

This is Alpine complaining that it lost its connection to the
server?

yes.  I am running Alpine when it happens.

To try to help debugging the problem, it'd be useful to know

- - where Alpine is running: on the remote server? On your home
 machine?

Alpine is running on the dreamhost servers. I access the Ubintu shell they provide via ssh tellnet.

- - how is Alpine connected to "its" server? POP? imap?

To the best of my knowledge it is an imap configuration. So I was told when dreamhost did the setup.

- - where is this server? Is it your provider's server? Is it
 on your machine?

My providers server. At one time they moved my account closer, alpine also closes when I follow a link in emails sometimes as well.
Thanks for providing your wisdom here!
Karen

regards
- -- t