Re: bash-completion, tab and ambiguous globs

On 2016-02-19 at 13:28, Jean-Baptiste Thomas wrote:

>> I wouldn't want to get by without tab completion either, but
>> programmable completion as I've seen it implemented in packages
>> provided by Debian seems to break some behaviors in the built-in
>> tab completion on which I had come to rely, so I always turn it off
>> on my machines.
>
> By "turning off" bash-completion, do you mean uninstalling it or
> something less radical ?

It varies. In some cases I've uninstalled it, in other cases I've
modified a config file or three to prevent it from being invoked.

However, I always have trouble remembering which config files I need to
change in order to do that and what the changes need to be, so
uninstalling it is the easier - and probably preferable, as less kludgy
and arguably less radical - solution.

--
   The Wanderer