Unexplained caching/journaling action...

Hi,

and welcome me to the group :P

The title might be misleading, but I'm experiencing weird behavior using
GNOME3 desktop under Debian 3.16.0-amd64, in that some disk operations
and things like generating keys, have delayed feedback, for example, I
create a key, Documents collection, and such, and nothing happens, until
a couple of minutes later, by which time I've tried several times, and
it turns out every time I succeeded. But there was no feedback.

I guess I'm a newbie...