Re: GNOME Shell can't unmount my USB key

Le jeudi 11 février 2016 à 11:57 -0800, Patrick Bartek a écrit :
> All I can say is it works, caveats you mentioned aside.  No
> problems in 3 years of use.

Your system probably doesn't use caching then, unlike the default
Debian+GNOME install. Since you are careful not to unplug your drives
when the LED is on, this seems to be the reason why you didn't loose
data.

It applies to your system, but it is still a dangerous advice to give,
because many systems use the default, caching config. And you need a LED
on all your keys to avoid damaging them.

Also, remember that writing all the data immediately decreases your
drives' lifetime.

Anyway, I reported the bug, because as I said this can be dangerous for
most people.