Re: getting sound in Sid

Well, I was too overconfident, I make sure pulseaudio auto-spans:

        $ cat /etc/pulse/client.conf | grep autospawn                          $
        ; autospawn = yes

I do:

	$ pulseaudio

  It says service unkown; ConsoleKit did not provide any .service
  files. Failed to load module module-console-kit.

  I gather that module-console-kit is a module provided by pulseaudio
  and is needed if I'm not running systemd. I do:

        $ ls /usr/lib/pulse-7.1/modules/module-console-kit

  and there is no module-console-kit.so file there. I look at what
  pulseaudio requires and recommends, and don't see it. I reinstalled
  pulseaudio.

  Recommended is pulseaudio-module-x11. I thought it would be harmless
  to install it, for I failed to understand its function.

	# aptitude install pulseaudio-module-x11
	E: Failed to fetch http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main \
	  pulseaudio\pulseaudio-module-x11_7.1.2_amd64.deb: Temporary
	  failure resolving ftp.us.debian.org.

This seems a long-term problem with ftp.us.debian.org, and since
installation of pulseaudio-module-x11 is probably irrelevant. I did not
take the time off from work to try a different repository.

Haines