Re: getting sound in Sid

On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 02:00:09PM +0100, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 08:18:54AM -0500, Haines Brown wrote:

> > I found that /etc/apt/preferences/systemd has these two lines:
> >
> >   package systemd: *systemd*
> >   Pin: origin ""\Pin-Priority: -1
> >
> > This looked suspicious and so removed the backslash and put
> > "Pin-Priority: -1" on next line. Off hand, that seemed to have fixed the
> > problem.
>
> Yes, this looks strange indeed. Like an incomplete quoting which
> shouldn't have been there in the first place.
>
> Where did you get that from?

Not sure what you are asking, but searched on line and found an example
of the file without the strange syntax.

I should mention that before trying to install pulseaudio and
pauvcontrol (and perhaps after installing skype:i386 on my AMD64?) I was
getting warnings rather than errors. When the warning became an error, I
could no longer ignore it.

I installed the skype:i386 by downloading the i386.deb, and then doing:

  # dpkg --add-architecture i386

  I needed libpulse0:i386. I updated and then installed the .deb I had
  downloaded.

I wonder if this somehow garbled the systemd file.

Haines