Re: ?? user in group audio -- but only root can play sound

On Fri, 22 Jan 2016, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 09:13:17
From: tomas@tuxteam.de
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: ?? user in group audio -- but only root can play sound

One thing udev or the linux kernel is going to have to get over fast is its fixation on the 3.5MM jack for speakers. Newer hardware sooner rather than later will not be including those jacks any longer. Probably the first noticeable instance will be Apple and what Apple does with its next generation of iPhones but we shall know better when those come out.