Re: Debian user mailing list in Spam folder

Lisi Reisz:
> On Friday 22 January 2016 14:55:38 tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
>> On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 08:55:55PM +0530, Himanshu Shekhar wrote:
>>> Today, I found too many mails from this mailing list in my Gmail spam
>>> folder.
>>
>> You mean genuine mails in your spam folder or genuine spam which made
>> it through the Debian mailing list?
>
> Genuine mails in the Spam folder.  Gmail dos this sometimes to all my mailing
> lists.  I have never had many at a time, but there is a steady trickle.

I have that with my own e-mail server (Postfix, Dovecot, rspamd) as
well. Most false positives are from people who don't use their e-mail
provider's relay. One person, for example, chooses to use the Gmane
News2Mail gateway with a Yahoo address. Yahoo forbids other systems but
their own to send e-mail with @yahoo.com sender addresses and that's
what triggers my spam filter.

J.
--
I often blame my shortcomings on my upbringing.
[Agree]   [Disagree]