Re: ?? user in group audio -- but only root can play sound

On 01/22/2016 11:10 AM, Jude DaShiell wrote:

One thing udev or the linux kernel is going to have to get over fast is
its fixation on the 3.5MM jack for speakers.  Newer hardware sooner
rather than later will not be including those jacks any longer.
Probably the first noticeable instance will be Apple and what Apple does
with its next generation of iPhones but we shall know better when those
come out.

I now use only USB for audio, a pair of USB headphones with a mike, and a 7.1 USB audio device to rattle the house with. Life is SO much easier now. :) Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html